What a lovely what to kick off June. My cyber-sister, Dawn, gave me “The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.” I consider Dawn my cyber-sister because (a) I’ve never actually met her, I only know her through her blog, she’s an amazing writer; and (b) She’s seems to love cream in her Earl Grey as much as I do.
So in light of receiving this honor, it would seem that there are a few things I need to do:
- Tell you seven random things that you likely don’t know or wouldn’t guess about me,
- Pass the award on to between five and fifteen of my own favorite bloggers, and
- Tell the nominated bloggers that they are nominated…
So without further ado…7 random things …(in no particular order):
- I love science fiction. Star Wars, Star Trek (all the series), Star Gate, you name it – I love it.
- When I was younger I thought I’d replace Dan Rather as anchor of the CBS news (don’t laugh…yes I’m dating myself here…it was the 90s for pete’s sake)
- I probably know all the words to every television theme song from 80s and 90s. I was a latch key kid, what can I say.
- I’m tremendously proud of my Gullah heritage – I wasn’t at first (and I’m quite embarrassed to admit that) but as a kid I appreciated and loved my grandparents dearly, I just didn’t understand them.
- The biggest joy of my life is watching my children sleep. Not because they’re quiet (*rim shot*) but because they smile while they sleep, and it makes me feel like I have healthy, happy children.
- In addition to Earl Grey with cream, my favorite breakfast would also include hot buttered croissants with strawberry jam. My second favorite would be a traditional low-country breakfast of fried shrimp with buttery grits.
- I’m learning to speak in the affirmative in all areas of my life. I use to say “I want to be a writer” now I say with authority, “I’m writing” – because I’ve learned that “being” a writer is actually a process.
Now to pay it forward by introducing you to some of the blogs I read regularly.
Lupus In Color – Raquel is a lupus survivor, her blog is raw and honest and describes her life as she has lived with lupus. I think she’s strong and smart. I admire this woman.
Always Order Desert – Alejandra makes cooking seem effortless and the takes the most incredible pictures of the food she prepares.
The Engledow Chronicles – Jenni is awesome, her personality shines through with every post. I love how she loves her family.
Totsymae – a newcomer but I got the feeling she’s an old soul. She’s kind and her posts are refreshingly honest. I’m excited to see where she takes her blog.
While the Dervish Dances – Cathy is an incredible writer, she’s creative and I find myself reading her posts more than once.
My Fabulous Boobies – Nicole is a breast cancer survivor and I just love reading her musing at her blog. She’s real, enough said.
Phillis Remastered – Because Honorée is going to tell you EXACTLY what she thinks….straight up, no chaser.
There are others that I read, many others. I’m so grateful that I discovered this “world” of blogging. The support that I receive on my blog is wonderful. The connections that I have made online have enriched my life.