Guess what?! – Apparently I’m fabulous. No I’m not being vain (you know me better than that). I was awarded The Fabulous Blog Ribbon from Katie over at The Intrinsic Writer blog. How wonderful is that?!
Okay, I’ll stop with the questions.
So the award comes with some rules, I have to:
- Thank the blogger who gave it to me and share the link back to the awarding blog.
- Name 5 fabulous moments in my life.
- Name 5 things that I love.
- Name 5 things that I hate.
- Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.
Be sure to read Katie’s blog, especially if you’re an aspiring writer, you’ll like her blog. She writes about writing, which I honestly think is a genre unto itself. I like the way she skillfully crafts her posts, I always leave with something after reading The Intrinsic Writer blog.
5 Fabulous Moments? – One, two and three…the birth of my 3 children (yeah yeah cliché but true). I never knew how incredible women were until I gave birth. Four…when my step-son became a part of my life and five…when I married my best friend.
5 Things That I love?
5. Aha Moments.
5 Things That I hate? – Hate’s such a strong word …but…and in no particular order…I hate it when:
1. …Women that say they are not a feminist. If you believe that women should have a say in their own healthcare, have equal pay for equal work, believe that no woman ‘had it coming to her’, believe that women shouldn’t be slighted because of her gender, race or socioeconomic status – then you’re a feminist. Sorry to break it to you.
4. …trashy reality TV shows influence popular culture. Some are really well done and motivational but the majority of these shows film people at their worst and weave those moments together to present an unflattering version television truth.
5. …Entitlement. Get over yourself already, no one owes you damn thing.
5 Bloggers You Should Visit Today!
Abrielle Valencia! She’s smart, funny, and thoughtful. I read her blog often.
Memory Bears by Bonnie! Bonnie is so sincere in her writing. She suffered a horrible loss and each entry (I think) is powerful because she seems stronger with each one.
Adriana Ryan! Okay this woman is fearless. Literally! She writes supernatural fiction.
My Body the City: The Secret Life of a Callgirl! Stella is amazing. She was domestically trafficked in New York for 10 years!
Congratulations and enjoy!